GE slow cooker from recommended slow cooker list – PEELING?

This topic has 8 voices, contains 9 replies, and was last updated by Lianne Sep 30th, 11:51pm ago.

Creator Topic
June 21, 2012 at 11:57 pm #6013
Jill W.

Has anyone had a problem with the non-stick coating of the GE slow cooker that is recommended on the slow cooking 101 page peeling or cracking off? I’ve read some reviews of this online and am a little hesitant to order it. But you never know who is submitting those reviews so I thought I’d ask here…

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
June 22, 2012 at 12:40 am #6018
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

We have had no problem with it. The GE is one of our favorites. You do have to be careful with the utensils you use and how you clean it. You want to use things that are teflon friendly.

August 27, 2012 at 10:50 pm #9724
Lisa

I had the same question about that slow cooker as well. After seeing your video today, and how well it seemed to cook the macaroni, and the easier clean up, I looked into it. Have you ladies had yours for a while, and not had any issues?

August 28, 2012 at 1:43 pm #9772

I’ve had the GE since November. Haven’t had a problem with it peeling or anything.

August 28, 2012 at 5:28 pm #9818
Elaine

I bought this last month based on the recommendation here. I have used it at least a dozen times already and have had no problem. Just don’t use metal utensils cause it will scratch the teflon coating. Also, never use a “scrubby” type sponge to clean it out unless it says it is a “no scratch” sponge.

September 2, 2012 at 9:37 am #10246
Tonia Tonia

I also have a GE and have not had any problems with it peeling or anything. I love mine use it all the time.

September 3, 2012 at 10:14 am #10329
Susan M.

I just bought this slow cooker yesterday at Walmart. I comes with a 2 year warranty, and if you like you can purchase another 2 years for $9.00. As much as I’m crockin, if it makes it 2 years I feel I have got my money’s worth from it. There are single pots and pans out there that cost more than this crockpot. I am throwing out my 6 qt rival because it is warped and rocks in the base unit. I own several slow cookers. I have a 25 year old 5 qt westbend that I use most because it is a nonstick (never peeled ot scratched) oblong pot that can go from the stove to the base unit, it has a glass casserole lid that doubles as a serving dish. It does not travel well, and has no auto feature. I bought a Hamilton Beach 3 in 1 crock, has a 2, 4, 6 qt interchangable crocks it is nice for versatility of recipes, but again no auto feature, and I think it runs hot because my pintos were almost boiling. I use it when I can be home and watch my food. I anticipate that the GE is going to be my go to for most meals because of size, nonstick, latching lid, and best of all programmable for those late soccer nights.

September 27, 2012 at 5:37 pm #11978
Carla T.

Here is a good web site for reviews on this Slow cooker, just chose the NEWEST To OLDEST COMMENTS to see more recent comments.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/allReviews.do?product_id=12442589
I am seriously thinking of buying this Slow Cooker, mostly cuz reviews mention it cooking slower than some newer Slow Cookers, but the new ones cremate everything because they cook 15* warmer than the old ones. Can’t leave on all day..this ones seems fine on 8 hours or more…

September 28, 2012 at 9:01 am #11984

That’s the one we <3 Carla! Have you seen the comparison video we did? We made several of the same dishes in different crocks and you can see for yourself how much hotter some crocks cook than others. We think the GE at Walmart cROCKS!!
Here ya go:
http://crockingirls.com/recipes/cheddar-mac/?autoplay=1#video

September 30, 2012 at 11:50 pm #12123
Lianne

I have the GE crock and I love it. I have made quite a few things in it since we got it from soups to crockin a chicken and everything I have made in it has come out perfect. I also have an older westblend that does cook too hot so the GE was a great thing to get so much better and everything cooks evenly. I love how quickly I can wash it and I love how the cover locks. I would highly recommend it. You can even get a 2 year warranty as well.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »