GE 6 qt question

This topic has 4 voices, contains 4 replies, and was last updated by Jaclyn Dec 2nd, 3:45am ago.

Creator Topic
September 24, 2012 at 4:15 pm #11776
Lora Z.

I just bought the GE 6qt from Walmart and am using it right now. Can’t wait to see how things turned out, but my question is this: is it ok to prepare the dish the night before and put the crock in the fridge, then in the morning, put the crock on to cook? I used to do this with my ceramic crocks, but wasn’t sure about the metal.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
September 27, 2012 at 9:28 am #11931
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Sure! Just make sure and let it sit at room temp for about 10 minutes or so before you turn it on. The extreme temp change from frig to heat I don’t think would be good for it. I know it’s not ceramic, but it can crack the ceramic inserts. Better safe than sorry :) Happy Crockin’ to ya!

October 22, 2012 at 4:56 pm #13187
Claudia

Is it ok to use the GE 6 qt Crock pot on the stove top to sear meat before cooking it in the slow cooker, since it is nonstick?

October 22, 2012 at 11:58 pm #13222
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

NO!!! You have to use a crock specified for stove top. Williams Sonoma makes one and so does KitchenAid…so DON’T PUT THE GE ON YOUR STOVE (I’m trying to be emphatic)! :)

December 2, 2012 at 3:45 am #15147
Jaclyn

I just bought the GE Friday. I made the spinach lasagna Saturday and it cooked to perfection! My old Rival used to burn around the edges, but not the GE. I have a whole week of crock-pot meals planned for my GE, and I can’t wait to see how they cook in my new GE compared to my Rival.

I do prepare my meals early morning and store the crock in the fridge until I’m ready to cook. I do take out the crock at least 20-30 min. before cooking as the CrockinGirls suggested.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »