Frozen or Raw?

This topic has 3 voices, contains 3 replies, and was last updated by Crockin Girls Crockin Girls Aug 6th, 1:52pm ago.

Creator Topic
June 8, 2012 at 10:24 am #5233
Christy

I am new to cooking with a crock pot and I just recieved a really nice one for mother’s day. I usually have to find a recipe that can allow me to cook the food on low for 8 hours and then be able to sit on warm for a couple more hours due to my work schedule. In the case is it best to use fozen chicken or pork chops or should I just use raw? I would hate to come home to food that was over cooked.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
June 13, 2012 at 12:47 am #5468
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Hey Christy! When you use frozen meat you can usually count on adding about an hour to your cook time. Most important…make sure the internal temp of your chicken reaches a minimum of 145 degrees. Hope this helps. Happy Crockin’, girl!

August 5, 2012 at 5:03 pm #8334
Debbie

I am a busy Mom driving my three kids to their sport practices, practically every night of the week. I would love to make meals for the week or possible two weeks. Can I put the ingredients to each meal in a freezer bag (with the meal marked on bag) and when ready to make, put the frozen ingredients from the bag into the crockpot and cook?

August 6, 2012 at 1:52 pm #8395
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Hey Debbie, we have a lot of recipes where this process would work. I know this would make this life easier for you. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »

Frozen or Raw?

This topic has 1 voice, contains 0 replies, and was last updated by Christy Jun 8th, 10:24am ago.

Creator Topic
June 8, 2012 at 10:24 am #5234
Christy

I am new to cooking with a crock pot and I just recieved a really nice one for mother’s day. I usually have to find a recipe that can allow me to cook the food on low for 8 hours and then be able to sit on warm for a couple more hours due to my work schedule. In the case is it best to use fozen chicken or pork chops or should I just use raw? I would hate to come home to food that was over cooked.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »