Dump cake

This topic has 7 voices, contains 7 replies, and was last updated by Rhonda S. Dec 2nd, 7:35pm ago.

Creator Topic
September 29, 2012 at 8:41 am #12052
Rhonda S.

I have made the dump cake from your cookbook several times. My son doesn’t like cherries. Is there any other canned fruit you can suggest that would taste good in this caked besides cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple?

Thanks,
Rhonda

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
September 29, 2012 at 3:10 pm #12065
Angie W.

Rhonda,
My family has fallen in love with the dump cake but we wanted to change things up a bit, too. So we have tried several different kinds. We have done blueberry pie filling (in place of cherry) with the pineapple, also Mandarin oranges and Peach pie filling. Next we are going to try Strawberry pie filling with ???? we haven’t decided yet. It seems that one can is to be in thin juice (pineapple in natural juice) while the other is thicker (pie filling). (I don’t know if there is a certain reason for this). Oh, my family likes it better when I make it as a single layer (in a oval 6 or 7 quart slow cooker) instead of a double layer, as per recipe. Hope this helps :)

October 1, 2012 at 10:29 am #12149
Cassie

I have heard you can use pumpkin too and it’s really good. I have yet to try it but once I do I will update you more.

November 25, 2012 at 2:10 pm #14882
Shara

Definitely good with blueberry pie filling!

November 26, 2012 at 2:47 pm #14910
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Totally agree, blueberry would be delicious.

November 28, 2012 at 10:28 am #14997
Menisa Menisa

I use the mixed fruit for my dump cake. My whole family loves it!

December 2, 2012 at 3:45 pm #15160
dinrsready

Do you know where I can find the dump cake recipe? would love to make it. It sounds yummy:)

December 2, 2012 at 7:35 pm #15166
Rhonda S.

Ingredients
1 can crushed pineapple, with juices
1 can cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
cinnamon
1/3 cup butter

Directions
Pour half the can of crushed pineapple, half the can of cherry pie filling, and half the box of cake mix into the slow-cooker; repeat the layers. Sprinkle with cinnamon and then dot with butter. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Server with ice cream and nuts, if preferred.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »