Crock Pot Liners?

This topic has 25 voices, contains 29 replies, and was last updated by MRB Nov 14th, 10:47am ago.

Creator Topic
September 1, 2012 at 9:26 pm #10230
Katie

I am new to the whole Crock Pot cooking since my mother in law just purchasd a new crockpot for my birthday. I had a question about the crock pot liners that were mentioned. Do we have to use them and what are they? Where do we purchase them? And my other question is, do they come in different sizes for different crockpots? Sorry if these are simple questions but I’m all new to this.

Viewing 14 replies - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
September 29, 2012 at 2:20 pm #12064
Kasey D.

The liners are great for night-before preparation. Put the liner in a large bowl (similar to the size of your crock), add all of the ingredients, twist tie the liner closed and put in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning, just grap the liner, put it in your slow cooker, turn it on and head out to work. Really saves a lot of preparation time in the morning!

September 29, 2012 at 6:03 pm #12070
Debbie

I absolutely love, love, love using the liners!!! It’s almost like eating and throwing away the pot instead of washing it!!!

October 1, 2012 at 9:34 am #12137
Rhonda

The liners are definitely time savers. You can usually find them near the aluminum foil and plastic storage bags.

October 1, 2012 at 1:02 pm #12167
Debbie

I LOVE the liners! I always use them so I don’t have to spend extra time scrubbing the crockpot.

October 3, 2012 at 9:39 pm #12369
Barbara

Do you use liners with cakes or desserts?

October 4, 2012 at 9:26 am #12386
Heather

you can buy them in bulk on amazon for cheaper as well

October 19, 2012 at 9:04 pm #13111
Kimberly Kimberly

Like Katie, I’m new to the crock pot world..recently discovered slow cooker liners and appreciate the minimal clean-up..my question is would liners help or hurt certain recipes? Does it even make a difference? I’ve had a couple of boo-boos with my crock following the recipe instructions to the letter. Wasn’t sure if the liners or the crock pot (or me!) was to blame.

October 20, 2012 at 7:33 pm #13126
Kasey D.

I use liners all the time. Makes clean up so much easier. Another great use for them ~ if you have to get out early in the morning for work, just put one in a large bowl, add all of your ingredients, and then close it up with a twistie-tie, and put it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, take the liner out, open it up, put it in your crock, turn it on, and head out the door!

October 21, 2012 at 11:35 am #13130
Kimberly Kimberly

Most definitely something to purchase! Clean-up is a breeze!
I find mine with the Reynolds wrap and Siran Wrap.

October 22, 2012 at 11:17 am #13167
Chrissy

I only use them when taking my crock somewhere and then I don’t have to worry about cleaning it up where I’ve taken it or waiting until I get home and it’s a sticky mess. But they are so awesome to use. Otherwise, I just use cooking spray, or let it soak.

October 28, 2012 at 1:45 pm #13503
melissa melissa

I have learned that the liners don’t work for out well in my crock all the time. I guess this is one of instances where knowing how your crock cooks is important. For example any recipe with red meat (like a roast) does not cook well with a liner, but any chicken recipe turns out fine. I’ve just been making a note in my cookbook next to each recipe to remind me if the liner worked or not.

October 28, 2012 at 11:48 pm #13514
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Great tip, Melissa. Liners can work in almost any recipe. Jamie, I’ve used liners with lasagna so you shouldn’t have any problem. I’ve also used a liner with my desserts!

November 14, 2012 at 10:22 am #14534
Vicki

I have a question……i have a crock with a ceramic insert that has a hairline crack…on the bottom….and i will not replace it until i find a new crock that i like as much. It’s still useable, but wondering if just using the liners would be ok…i’m DYING for pulled pork and won’t make it without the crock! Think using the liners will be ok?! I HATE using my oven!!! lol

November 14, 2012 at 10:47 am #14535
MRB

I think the liners would be okay…

Viewing 14 replies - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »