Crock and freeze?

This topic has 5 voices, contains 5 replies, and was last updated by Krissi Krissi Oct 16th, 3:09pm ago.

Creator Topic
August 8, 2012 at 7:24 pm #8640
Kayla

I need some information about how to crock ahead and freeze or just prepare ahead. Any tips? Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
August 8, 2012 at 8:31 pm #8648
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

You can crock and freeze almost anything. The Crock-a-Chicken from this Monday’s Crockin’ Monday video is a great crock and freeze recipe. http://crockingirls.com/recipes/crock-a-chicken/
Recipes that say to add all the ingredients in the crock and then cook are good to put in a gallon size freezer bag and freeze. When you are ready to cook it, pull the freezer bag out and put in the slow cooker and crock away.
http://crockingirls.com/recipes/french-dip-sandwiches/

October 15, 2012 at 6:39 am #12882
Tena

If I freeze in bags, do I defrost first or can I place frozen in crock and turn on low? I’m concerned about cracking my ceramic crock.

Trlutz

October 15, 2012 at 1:55 pm #12906
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Do what you think is best but I put it in frozen all the time and you can add about 2 hours to the cook time. Cook it on low and you are good to go.

October 16, 2012 at 2:35 pm #12977
Jackie

I also crock frozen and have several new freezer crockin meals on my ministry site, momonamission.me. I agree with the crockin girls, virtually every meal can be bagged in gallon size bags. Meals with a lot of liquid/broth should be double bagged and never use the zipper type bags for liquids. I crock frozen on low up to 8 hours and always add cream, cheese or sour cream the last crockin hour.

October 16, 2012 at 3:09 pm #12990
Krissi Krissi

I froze several meals and layed them in my freezer flat to minimize space. When I grabbed a freezer bag to throw it in the crockpot, I had a hard time getting the flat, frozen mess to fit in my crock. Took a long while to cut the frozen mess in half to make it fit. (Pause for visual; commence with laughs) lol
So my advice, freeze the bags in a way that when frozen, they will fit in your crock pot!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »