Crock and freeze?

This topic has 5 voices, contains 5 replies, and was last updated by Krissi Krissi Oct 16th, 3:09pm ago.

Creator Topic
August 8, 2012 at 7:24 pm #8640

I need some information about how to crock ahead and freeze or just prepare ahead. Any tips? Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
August 8, 2012 at 8:31 pm #8648
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

You can crock and freeze almost anything. The Crock-a-Chicken from this Monday’s Crockin’ Monday video is a great crock and freeze recipe.
Recipes that say to add all the ingredients in the crock and then cook are good to put in a gallon size freezer bag and freeze. When you are ready to cook it, pull the freezer bag out and put in the slow cooker and crock away.

October 15, 2012 at 6:39 am #12882

If I freeze in bags, do I defrost first or can I place frozen in crock and turn on low? I’m concerned about cracking my ceramic crock.

October 15, 2012 at 1:55 pm #12906
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Do what you think is best but I put it in frozen all the time and you can add about 2 hours to the cook time. Cook it on low and you are good to go.

October 16, 2012 at 2:35 pm #12977

I also crock frozen and have several new freezer crockin meals on my ministry site, I agree with the crockin girls, virtually every meal can be bagged in gallon size bags. Meals with a lot of liquid/broth should be double bagged and never use the zipper type bags for liquids. I crock frozen on low up to 8 hours and always add cream, cheese or sour cream the last crockin hour.

October 16, 2012 at 3:09 pm #12990
Krissi Krissi

I froze several meals and layed them in my freezer flat to minimize space. When I grabbed a freezer bag to throw it in the crockpot, I had a hard time getting the flat, frozen mess to fit in my crock. Took a long while to cut the frozen mess in half to make it fit. (Pause for visual; commence with laughs) lol
So my advice, freeze the bags in a way that when frozen, they will fit in your crock pot!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »