Cooking for One

This topic has 5 voices, contains 4 replies, and was last updated by Crockin Girls Crockin Girls Jun 12th, 11:02pm ago.

Creator Topic
May 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm #4765
Patty S.

How do you convert regular recipes to cook for one or two people?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
June 8, 2012 at 4:00 pm #5254
Kristi B.

Thank you for inquiring Patty, I am looking to cook for 2-3 and love the recipes and love leftovers but would love to know how to scale down the recipes and what size crockpot to use.

June 8, 2012 at 6:03 pm #5258
Karen F.

I too am looking for recipes for a 1 1/2 quart crock pot. Now that the kids are grown and have their own homes there is just my husband and me to cook for. Can I just cut recipes in half? Does the cooking time stay the same? How about some insight girls.

June 12, 2012 at 12:45 pm #5349
Trish

Hi there,

I cook for one, I have halved the recipes and put them in the smaller crockpot for the same length of time and have had no issues.

If I understand the crockpots regardless of size coock at the same temp, so all you want to do is fill your size crockpot.

Hope this helps :)

June 12, 2012 at 11:02 pm #5463
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Hey y’all! General rule of thumb for filling a crock is 1/2 to 3/4 full. So if you’re reducing a 4 chicken breast recipe down to 2 breasts, then a 2qt crock should be just the right size. Slow cookers work just like ovens…some cook hotter than others, so I’d suggest you keep an eye on your food the first few times you’re crockin’ with the smaller size. Start with recipes that you’re familiar with, so you know just what you’re looking for in doneness. Remember, chicken needs to reach an internal temp of 145 degrees. Hope this has been helpful, y’all!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »