Cleaning my crock

This topic has 8 voices, contains 9 replies, and was last updated by Crockin Girls Crockin Girls Jun 13th, 8:50am ago.

Creator Topic
June 1, 2012 at 3:43 pm #5004
Tammy S.

I absolutely love using my crock pot! The only thing that stops me from using it more is having to clean it. I’ve used liners before but they still seem to leak all over the crock so I end up still having to clean it. Anyone know of an easy way to clean it??

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
June 4, 2012 at 3:16 pm #5064
Kerri S.

Tammy, I always spray mine with cooking spray & I use those plastic scrappers to go around the food rim. One time I filled my crock back up with water, just above the stuck on food line, turned it on high, and it came off.

• This reply was modified 878 days ago by Kerri S..
June 4, 2012 at 11:42 pm #5079
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Put you messy crock in the sink, fill it with hot water, and put a used dryer sheet in it. Let it sit overnight, then when you’re rested and awake the next morning you can dump the water and softener sheet out. Your food will slide right out with it, too! Very easy clean up…especially, for hard to clean messes like cheese and burned food.

June 5, 2012 at 10:38 am #5094
Dannette Dannette

I just fill my pot with hot, soapy water and a dash salt. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and everything that was caked on falls right off. It’s so easy! It works on your other dishes, too.

June 5, 2012 at 11:12 am #5101
minermanswife

a dryer sheet? i have never heard of that! and salt! I gotta try these ladies! thanks yall

June 8, 2012 at 12:39 pm #5250
Peggy L.

Have you tried using the slow cooker liners? I picked up a bunch of “Pan Savers” (good up to 500 degrees in the crock or oven) cheap on Amazon. Just toss them out and wipe out the pot. I’ve never had a problem with them melting.

June 11, 2012 at 3:03 pm #5314
Vasso Vasso

Wow. That is great! I can finally clean my crock properly now. Thanks girls!

June 12, 2012 at 11:28 am #5343
Tammy S.

Wow thank you girls for all of your great ideas!! I’ve tried the liners before and they help but they always seem to leak anyway. But I loved the salt and the dryer sheet ideas! I’ll have to try them this weekend when I use my crock again! Thanks again girls! :)

June 12, 2012 at 5:07 pm #5372
Lindy

Now I have heard not to use the lines cause the plastic liner heats up and puts chemicals in your food? I am not sure if this is true I just seen it on another message board a few months back.

June 13, 2012 at 8:50 am #5476
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Lindy, I think your safest bet is to look for the FDA Seal of Approval on the package. Looks like you can find mixed reviews on the safety of liners. The FDA seal says that there is little to no risk of exposure and the product has been thoroughly tested.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »