Chorizo

This topic has 3 voices, contains 2 replies, and was last updated by Crockin Girls Crockin Girls Aug 22nd, 9:15am ago.

Creator Topic
August 20, 2012 at 2:55 pm #9255
Raven

I have 2 bags of Fresh chorizo my hubby brought home i need to find some ideas what i can use this up in…maybe some breakfast casserol or something for him to take to work??

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
August 21, 2012 at 12:36 am #9272
Judy

Hi you can freeze your chorizo in freezer bags if you don’t use it all at once. I buy a lot when I find it on sale and freeze. Use it to make enchilada casserole here is the link http://crockingirls.com/recipes/enchilada-casserole/#comment-7740 , so for the beef mixture you just have to use the chorizo and add in the other ingredients. yummy! Also a chorizo, egg and potato casserole would be a nice breakfast meal. Sorry, I don’t have a recipe for that right off hand, but I’m sure you can find one on this site to substitue in the chorizo. You do want to cook the chorizo in a pan and drain before adding it to a casserole recipe. Chorizo can be pretty greasy. Hope this helps some.

August 22, 2012 at 9:15 am #9324
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

I saw where someone was mixing chorizo with ground beef to make meatloaf…thought that was a pretty nifty twist. There was no ketchup or mustard on the meatloaf.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »