Breads?

Tagged: 

This topic has 3 voices, contains 2 replies, and was last updated by Peggy L. Jun 8th, 10:44am ago.

Creator Topic
May 21, 2012 at 4:31 pm #4321
Andi M. Andi M.

I’m a big fan of making various types of breakfast and dessert breads. There are a couple of great recipes in the cookbook, but I’m looking for other suggestions!

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
June 7, 2012 at 9:09 am #5192
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Hey Andi,
Here’s our version of a banana nut bread in your crock. It’s very different from the one in the book. We made it the first time completely on “accident.” Happy Crockin’!
http://crockingirls.com/recipes/accidental-banana-nut-bread/

June 8, 2012 at 10:44 am #5236
Peggy L.

I stumbled upon bread making in the crock pot. I can’t believe it works. I used the basic “Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” recipe and found a posting that said you could do it in your slow cooker. It worked! I cooked it on parchment paper for a little longer than an hour on high (touch it and you can feel when it’s no longer doughy). It didn’t have the crust I wanted, so I browned it in the broiler for a few minutes. I also made a loaf in the oven at the same time for comparison. While I liked the oven loaf better, the kids preferred the slow cooker version. And the slow cooker meant I could shape it and just let it rise in the pot as part of the cooking time. No heating up the house for a homemade loaf of bread. Amazing.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »