This topic has 3 voices, contains 2 replies, and was last updated by Peggy L. Jun 8th, 10:44am ago.

Creator Topic
May 21, 2012 at 4:31 pm #4321
Andi M. Andi M.

I’m a big fan of making various types of breakfast and dessert breads. There are a couple of great recipes in the cookbook, but I’m looking for other suggestions!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
June 7, 2012 at 9:09 am #5192
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Hey Andi,
Here’s our version of a banana nut bread in your crock. It’s very different from the one in the book. We made it the first time completely on “accident.” Happy Crockin’!

June 8, 2012 at 10:44 am #5236
Peggy L.

I stumbled upon bread making in the crock pot. I can’t believe it works. I used the basic “Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” recipe and found a posting that said you could do it in your slow cooker. It worked! I cooked it on parchment paper for a little longer than an hour on high (touch it and you can feel when it’s no longer doughy). It didn’t have the crust I wanted, so I browned it in the broiler for a few minutes. I also made a loaf in the oven at the same time for comparison. While I liked the oven loaf better, the kids preferred the slow cooker version. And the slow cooker meant I could shape it and just let it rise in the pot as part of the cooking time. No heating up the house for a homemade loaf of bread. Amazing.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »