In our new Crockin’ Monday video we prepared two recipes that you can freeze and then crock in your slow cooker. It’s great for those who are out of time to prep in the morning or others who need longer cook times. Find a full list of Freezer Meals here. Here are some tips for getting through organized through Crockin’!
- TAKE TWO – Double your recipe, crock one for dinner and freeze the other half. Or while you’re preparing the recipe bag half the ingredients to mix and freeze. That way it’s in the slow cooker for days when you’re strapped for time.
- GROCERY SHOPPING – Nicole likes to go to the grocery store once a month. She plans out her meals, makes her list, and does all the prep work for recipes. It takes time, but saves it in the long run, plus it keeps you feeling sane and organized!
- PREP – Brown all the hamburger meat you’ll need for recipes on your meal plan and bag by the pound for future recipes. You can even freeze your chopped veggies.
- PROP – Lay flat in freezer to stack and save space. Place in microwave or run under warm water to defrost and then break into pieces and place into slow cooker.
- MEMBER TIP – “I love your videos! I just watched the freezer cooking video. I wanted to give you a tip for filling your freezer bags that works well for me. I put a gallon size freezer bag into a large, empty coffee can. It fits on there like a trash bag fits in your trash can. I then have a large opening to get my food into the bag and it doesn’t get into the zipper closure. Works like a charm! Thanks for all the great recipes!” – Shannon Garrett
We loved all the non-traditional Christmas Dinner ideas you shared on Facebook yesterday! In our Crockin’ for the Holiday magazine we list some of our favorites too. Jenna’s family always decides at Thanksgiving what theme they’ll go with, whether it’s Italian, Mexican, Seafood or even breakfast! Below are some non-traditional dishes you can serve out of the crock to feed a crowd. Easy prep and easy clean up so you can get out of the kitchen and play games or sing carols! Merry Christmas y’all!
H is for Hectic and Holiday! How can Christmas be a week away?! If you want to avoid the mall and long lines this week, but you’re still in need of a few last minute gifts, use your slow cooker silly! These desserts require easy-prep and make a ton in a short amount of time. Now that’s what we’re talkin’ about! Just wrap them up in festive bags or tins and your list is done!
We’re from Texas where bigger is better and color is mandatory! We travel to the big city of Dallas at least once a month to film our Crockin’ Monday videos and we maaaaayyyy do some shopping :). We stopped into Tar-jay (Target), one of our favorite stores, and we were greeted by these beautiful Bella Dots collection of slow cookers. We had to go over a look, touch, open and then walk away with them. They’re a perfect combination of our love for Crockin’ and color. Who knew you could accessorize your kitchen with a crock? But we do now! They aren’t programmable, but they still cook evenly and they look great on the table if you’re serving your dish directly out of the crock. They’re still available at Target so go get one in your favorite jewel tone color! Crockin’ never looked so good.