Archive for 2013
It doesn’t get any easier or tastier than this! When you’re looking to feed your family on the fly or need an idea for a easy group gathering try this simple recipe and you’re set to go! We also have many more meatball recipes HERE that you can make into sub sandwiches.
1 (32-ounce) bag fully cooked, frozen Italian meatballs
1 jar spaghetti sauce (sometimes add in a little more sauce or some tomato sauce if necessary)
8 Sub rolls
1 package sliced provolone and Swiss
Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3 hours. Serve on wheat or white sub rolls with your choice of cheese. Makes about 6-8 subs.
In our new Crockin’ Monday video we prepared two recipes that you can freeze and then crock in your slow cooker. It’s great for those who are out of time to prep in the morning or others who need longer cook times. Find a full list of Freezer Meals here. Here are some tips for getting through organized through Crockin’!
- TAKE TWO – Double your recipe, crock one for dinner and freeze the other half. Or while you’re preparing the recipe bag half the ingredients to mix and freeze. That way it’s in the slow cooker for days when you’re strapped for time.
- GROCERY SHOPPING – Nicole likes to go to the grocery store once a month. She plans out her meals, makes her list, and does all the prep work for recipes. It takes time, but saves it in the long run, plus it keeps you feeling sane and organized!
- PREP – Brown all the hamburger meat you’ll need for recipes on your meal plan and bag by the pound for future recipes. You can even freeze your chopped veggies.
- PROP – Lay flat in freezer to stack and save space. Place in microwave or run under warm water to defrost and then break into pieces and place into slow cooker.
- MEMBER TIP – “I love your videos! I just watched the freezer cooking video. I wanted to give you a tip for filling your freezer bags that works well for me. I put a gallon size freezer bag into a large, empty coffee can. It fits on there like a trash bag fits in your trash can. I then have a large opening to get my food into the bag and it doesn’t get into the zipper closure. Works like a charm! Thanks for all the great recipes!” - Shannon Garrett